Saturday, August 28, 2010

An Interlude of Chaos

So...I'm painting my Kroxigors for the ongoing Lizardmen army, and I have a look around my hobby room. It's a disaster. Eight months of mess heaped up everywhere. Time to take a break and tidy up.

I opened up a couple of my ancients army boxes and found a disaster. Warriors separated by centuries mixed up together like they each had their own personal time machine.

So, I unloaded three boxes of figs onto the kitchen counter and started to sort things out. First...the mayhem...


As I started to reform proper bases, I thought I'd take some shots and make the organization work the subject of this week's blog. Here are Roman Legionnaires from the 1st century AD.


Dux Bellorum Arthur and his Romano-British knights from the 5th century.


Romano-British spearmen, the early Christian chi rho symbol prominent on their shields.


Danish princes from the 9th century.


Ferocious sword-Danes looking to knock heads during a raid on Saxon England.


'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. so has the legend about the Raven banner come true for little plastic dudes... does the dane ever make it out of combat?

    ReplyDelete