Sunday, November 28, 2010

Raptors?!?

So, the most inappropriately named Warmachine/Hordes pieces have to be the Everblight light cavalry, which are called "Raptors." Raptors? Really? They're reindeer...come on. Do they look like birds of prey? Or dinosaurs?


Anyway, I completed the unit this week, and enjoyed painting them very much. I used the Foundry Bay Brown and Chestnut sets for the fur, and blended the colors together by using some Reaper drying retarder in the paint.


I did something this week I rarely do...I bought an ebay auction of painted figures. In this case, it was a Warmachine Khador army put up by Eric Festa who runs the First Rank, Second Rank blog. It was a great auction, and the stuff got here in a week. However, as you can imagine, some of the heavy warjacks got pretty banged up in shipping. After I do the repairs, I'll post pics of the force.

'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment