Sunday, November 21, 2010

Warmongers and Chieftain

Building up Everblight forces is now top priority on the hobby table. This week I finished off a set of Warmongers, along with the Chieftain solo.


I was hoping to get a more demonic/undead skin tone, but it didn't work out that way. I was using a purple wash on the skin, and built up the highlights with Rotting Flesh. However, in the end they just came out with pretty "normal"-looking skin. Oh well, I like 'em anyway. Great models from Privateer.

Here are some WIP shots.

First I started with the metal. The first wash was a blue ink and I drybrushed on a little bronze to help with the antiquing. Finished off with the standard armor wash and chainmail highlight.


Next I did the skin. Like I said, I was hoping this would turn out a little more "other-worldly."


Next came the fur, leather and bone. Finally, the basing material went on this morning...and all done.


I played my first two games of Hordes Mk.II this past week. Everblight is now 1-1. I really want Thagrosh to do well, but I'm up against a fast Skorne player, and Thagrosh's melee beasts just don't have the speed to match. I was better off with Lylyth.

Next up are a slew of other Everblight models. Angelius, a couple of Seraphs, two Forsaken, Absylonia and a unit of the ill-named Raptors. Oh, and I'm going to try my hand at the minion Totem Hunter. These projects should take me through the end of the year at least...so pics as stuff gets done.

'Til next time.

1 comment: