Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Saw Horses From My Window...

Dala fans out there will get the blog title reference. ;^)

Regardless, this past week I decided to push forward with the 1st century Celt army project. It was time to move onto horses.


For newcomers, this Celt project started in January. I've done skin on the warriors, and that's about it so far. Getting horses out of the way opens the door to the next big phase in this project...clothing. Yikes.

Here's a Bay.


And a chestnut.


And I put a fair proportion of Dunns into this army.


So it will be on to tartan and other bright clothes next. Then shields...and hair...and details. hopefully I'll get the whole thing done next month. I still have to do their Roman opponents for a big game at the beginning of May.

'Til next time.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blending on the horse hide! Are these metals? Or Warlord Games plastics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good. I have to gear up my ancients for the Hail Caesar release next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,
    The horses are Warlord Metals, while the rider torsos are a mix of Warlord and Wargames Factory plastics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the third horse, what colour did you use?

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete