Wednesday, May 8, 2013

eFeora vs Calaban

This week, Elliot and I got together for a 50 point Warmachine game over at the club. We played Steamroller scenario #9, Chemical Reaction. First off, I'll apologize. We were very remiss in taking photos at the right times, and from easy-to-follow angles. What follows is essentially a hodge-podge of pictures...but I'll try to make sense of them for you.

No photo of board set-up, but if you're familiar with the scenario, you know there are two objectives in the middle of the board that protect your troops from continuous effects. At each side of the board are control zones. Dominating the far zone is worth 3 points...which is pretty big. The table was a mix of forests and rock obstructions.

Elliot rolled to go first. Sorry, no line up photo. He was playing Calaban tier 4 with Gators, Witch Doctor, Wrastler, Feralgeist, Bone Grinders, Bone Swarm, Swamp Horror and a Bullsnapper. He also had Wrong Eye with Snapjaw and a Spitter in his battlegroup.

Elliot Turn 1. The advancing horde. Out of frame and off on my right flank was Wrong Eye and his two beasts. It looks like Elliot was making a strong play for my zone, while sending Wrong Eye's group to contest his zone.


My turn 1. I'm testing out my Hardcore eFeora list. It's pretty much all melee and is designed to get to the opponent quickly then land super-hard blows. I have eFeora, bonded Sanctifier, Fire of Salvation, Blood of Martyrs, Avatar, Choir, Rhoven and Guard, Book, Mechanik, Vassal and a full unit of Flameguard with UA. 

I send Avatar and Rhoven's boys to contest my zone on the left, while...


...moving everyone else up my right flank to take Elliot's zone.


Elliot's turn 2. On my right flank, Wrong Eye's battlegroup gets ready to hold his zone. The Spitter hits my Sanctifier and rolls fire, knocking out my main reach weapon. What? Ouch!


On my left, Gators, Wrastler and Bone Swarm move into my zone...acting tough and looking for trouble.


My turn 2. On my left, I run the wounded Sanctifier over to get a heal from the Mechanic. Failed repair roll...great. Avatar doesn't want to mix it up with a single Gator in order to then get pulverized by a Wraster/Gator counter-charge, so he tucks in behind the forest and waits for next turn's developments. Cassius walks out to put some hits on a Gator, expecting to die and then battle-drive the two others in the Rhoven unit.


On my right flank...this is a funky view, but anyway, in the back you can see that I got a charge off on Calaban with three Flamegaurd. I simply needed to roll a five to hit and get fire on him. Rolled a 4. Dang. I jam Elliot's beasts with expendable infantry and get ready to follow up with 'jacks next turn.


Elliot's turn 3. No pictures, but essentially, on my right flank, Elliot blows away all my jamming infantry, Calaban gets Parasite on Fire of Salvation and then Snapjaw charges in and wrecks the 'jack. Calaban also feated this turn, getting lots of Bone Shakers off.

On my left flank, the Gators wade in but only manage to kill Cassian. Everything else on my side lives and gets ready to counter-strike.

My turn 3. On my right flank, in my main scoring zone, the only units in there are Wrong Eye (exposed) and the Spitter. Snapjaw is in my face as well. I see a chance to score a quick 3 control points. I move remaining infantry out of the way and clear a path for Blood of Martyrs onto Wrong Eye. My MAT 10/POW 22 juggernaut charges in a quickly rids the world of Wrong Eye. This forces Snapjaw to leave the table and the Spitter is now wild. The zone is free. eFeora runs in and I score 3 points.


On my left flank, the Mechanik fails a second repair attempt on Sanctifier. Undaunted, Sanctifier moves up to clean up some of the Avatar's mess. Avatar has already whacked most of Elliot's Gators in the woods...but some toughed and the Sanctifier put an end to that nonsense.


Elliot's turn 4. Wrastler charges in and scraps Sanctifier. Avatar chuckles and gets ready to put the hurt on during my turn. 


On my right flank, Elliot tries to get an assassination off on eFeora with Swamp Horror and a Parasite from Calaban. He misses the charge by a quarter inch. We both sense checkmate coming.

My turn 4. Blood of Martyrs is loaded with focus, Parries past the Swamp Horror and lays a holy beat down on poor Calaban. Two transfers aren't nearly enough to stave off Blood's whirling blades of death. Win by assassination.


Thanks for the game Elliot...it's nice to win once in a while! Hahaha. Hmmm, not very gracious of me.

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment