Friday, October 4, 2013

12 Points of Spiny Growth

The next army I'm going to work on is a Bart/Galleon list. While I only have three models to finish painting for my Tier 4 Damiano project, I got anxious to dig into Bart's list. To whit...Here are Wrong Eye, Snapjaw and a Bull Snapper. Otherwise known as 12 points of Spiny Growth.


Of the three, I think my favorite model is Snapjaw. He's just so beefy...and plenty of deep detail in the sculpt, which makes painting much, much easier. I built up the cork basing beneath his feet to tip him upwards a little bit.


The simplest model of the three was the Bull Snapper. Nothing special here...a very straightforward paint job. Like with Snapjaw, I airbrushed in a little mottling to vary up the green base color and make it a bit more visually interesting.


I'm not big on the Gatorman-Voodoo theme in Hordes, so Wrong Eye looks a little goofy to my way of thinking. However, the patchwork coat was very fun to paint.


Another view of this solo 'lock.


So here's to Spiny Growth and +2 armor on Galleon. We'll see how that works out in practice.

'Til next time.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice :)

    Snapjaw is one of my favorite models of any range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bull snapper is a dead ringer for mine! :)
    https://skydrive.live.com/?mkt=en-US#cid=5480FD57A0B68CC9&id=5480FD57A0B68CC9%21478&v=3
    And I know what's coming next... and I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete