Saturday, November 30, 2013

Basing Tutorial at the LGS...and Kell Bailoch

This past Thursday evening, I drove over to the LGS and put on a basing workshop. I had a lot of fun, and it seems that the guys involved enjoyed themselves.


This lineup of Cygnar Rangers and a few solos shows the steps involved in basing a figure. From left-to-right, the steps are: 1) figure glued to base, 2) glue sand to base, 3/4) prime and ink-wash the figure, 5) paint dried sand dark brown, 6) drybrush sand orange-brown and off-white, 7) go ahead and start painting your figure, and 8) when the figure is done and sealed with Testors Dullcoat (and the outer rim of the base is painted black), then glue on some static grass.

I've detailed a similar method with an already-painted figure in this post.


I only finished off one model this week, Kell Bailoch. He's a pretty popular sharpshooting Warmachine solo.


When I started working on him some time back, I had inadvertently "snowed" his primer coat. The only way to save the figure was to use dark colors and hope no one gave it a really close inspection.


'Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment